In Fences, the fence is a physical object, but it can also represent the emotional or personal barriers people create. Think about a “fence” you have built in your own life. What were you trying to keep out or protect yourself from? Did that fence help you or hold you back? Explain.

Prompt Response: A fence that I have built in my life was refusing to let other know the real me in elementary and middle school. I was made fun of my whole young life so i eventually just decided to not let anyone know me so they couldn't make fun of me. I definitely held myself back by not allowing people to get close to me until high-school.

Summary: We began reading the play "Fences" aloud

Reflection: I learned more about August Wilsons play "Fences" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Judith Ortiz Cofer says, “The Island travels with you.” What part of your culture, family, or identity do you feel “travels” with you everywhere you go?

Describe a time when you felt completely lost.

I too poem