Before watching the movie clips, you probably formed your own picture of the characters, their personalities, and how certain scenes would look. Choose one character or scene that appeared differently in the movie than you imagined while reading. What was different, and did the movie change how you understood that character or scene?

 Prompt Response: In the scene were Troy reveals that he got another women pregnant the way I portrayed Rose in my head was very different than the film. When reading her lines I imagined her as much more put together, calm, and stern compared to her deservedly emotional response from the movie. This scene changed how I saw Rose as through the book I imagined her as a very unemotional and almost unaffected by Troys actions while the movie shows just how hurt she is by what Troy has done to her.

Summary: We watched movies clips from the film "fences" that corresponded with scenes we had just read

Reflection: I learned more about the characters in "Fences" due to seeing them portrayed by actors

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Judith Ortiz Cofer says, “The Island travels with you.” What part of your culture, family, or identity do you feel “travels” with you everywhere you go?

Describe a time when you felt completely lost.

I too poem