Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

 Prompt Response: Someone once assumed that just because I was non-binary that I would be stuck up / annoying about how I identify and how I expect people to respect my identity. I could immediately tell that this person had these beliefs so I simply preemptively informed them that in reality most non-binary people are quite patient and accepting of those who don't immediately understand queer identities 

Summary: we listed positive, neutral, and negative stereotypes about different groups of people

Reflection: I learned more about how different groups of people are stereotyped

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Judith Ortiz Cofer says, “The Island travels with you.” What part of your culture, family, or identity do you feel “travels” with you everywhere you go?

Describe a time when you felt completely lost.

I too poem