Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?

 Prompt Response: Someone once assumed that just because I was non-binary that I would be stuck up / annoying about how I identify and how I expect people to respect my identity. I could immediately tell that this person had these beliefs so I simply preemptively informed them that in reality most non-binary people are quite patient and accepting of those who don't immediately understand queer identities 

Summary: we listed positive, neutral, and negative stereotypes about different groups of people

Reflection: I learned more about how different groups of people are stereotyped

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe a time when you felt completely lost.

I too poem

Judith Ortiz Cofer says, “The Island travels with you.” What part of your culture, family, or identity do you feel “travels” with you everywhere you go?